As the world turns digital, having an impactful presence in digital space is crucial for businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re a small startup or an established enterprise, the right eCommerce platform can make all the difference in your online success. In the eCommerce world, Shopify Plus vs BigCommerce has always been a debate!
In this comprehensive comparison, we’ll have a look at the key differences and Shopify Plus vs BigCommerce features, helping you make an informed decision about which platform is the best fit for your unique business needs. From parts and pricing to plans and scalability, we’ll explore it all to ensure you have a clear understanding of how these platforms stack up against each other.
So, if you’re contemplating which eCommerce platform to choose for your online store, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s read on to find out more about Shopify Plus Vs BigCommerce.
Shopify Plus Vs BigCommerce
Shopify Plus and BigCommerce are two prominent players in the eCommerce arena, each boasting impressive features and capabilities. Shopify Plus, with its user-friendly interface and a vast ecosystem of apps, powers over a million businesses globally and has processed over $319 billion in sales.
On the other hand, BigCommerce, with a focus on flexibility and customizability, has facilitated more than $25 billion in online sales. It’s trusted by notable brands like Ben & Jerry’s and Skullcandy for its robust enterprise-level features.
These platforms have distinct strengths and cater to different business needs, making it essential to weigh their pros and cons carefully when making a decision about which one to adopt for your eCommerce venture.
Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce Features
When it comes to choosing the right eCommerce platform, Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce features play a pivotal role in making the decision. Let’s break down the key elements of Shopify Plus and BigCommerce to help you assess which one aligns better with your business needs:
Shopify Plus Features
- Robust App Ecosystem:- Shopify Plus offers access to over 6,000 apps and integrations, allowing you to customize your store extensively. This vast ecosystem empowers businesses to tailor their online presence according to their unique requirements.
- Scalability:- Shopify Plus is designed to grow with your business. It can handle high levels of traffic and large product catalogs, making it a popular choice for rapidly expanding enterprises.
- Global Selling:- With multi-currency and multi-language support, Shopify Plus enables you to reach a global audience effortlessly. Brands like Gymshark and Allbirds use it to expand internationally.
- Security and Compliance:- Shopify Plus prioritizes safety, ensuring PCI DSS compliance and offering 24/7 monitoring. This level of protection is essential for businesses handling sensitive customer data.
- Customization:- BigCommerce provides a highly customizable platform, allowing businesses to have greater control over the look and feel of their online stores. Brands especially favor it with unique design requirements.
- Built-in Features:- Unlike Shopify, BigCommerce includes several advanced features like real-time shipping quotes, product filtering, and a robust inventory management system in its core offering. This can save costs and reduce the reliance on third-party apps.
- Enterprise-Grade SEO:- BigCommerce prioritizes SEO with features like customizable URLs and automatic sitemap generation, making it easier for your store to rank higher in search engine results.
- Payment Flexibility:- BigCommerce offers more payment gateways than Shopify Plus, including options for international transactions. This can be advantageous for businesses with diverse customer bases.
- Performance Optimization:- With serverless architecture and content delivery networks (CDNs), BigCommerce ensures fast page loading times, enhancing the overall shopping experience.
Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce: Differences
While both Shopify Plus and BigCommerce offer powerful eCommerce solutions, they differ in several significant ways. Understanding these distinctions can help you make an informed decision tailored to your business’s specific needs.
- Hosting:- One of the most notable differences is hosting. Shopify Plus is a fully hosted platform, meaning Shopify manages the servers and technical aspects. BigCommerce, on the other hand, offers more flexibility as it allows businesses to choose between hosted and self-hosted options. This distinction can impact your level of control and customization.
- Customization:- BigCommerce leans toward providing greater customization options out of the box, making it a strong choice for businesses with unique design and feature requirements. Shopify Plus, while still highly customizable, often relies more on third-party apps for advanced functionalities.
- Built-in Features:- BigCommerce excels in offering a wide range of built-in features, reducing the need for additional apps. Shopify Plus, while providing a robust core platform, often requires businesses to rely on its extensive app store for certain functionalities.
- SEO Focus:- BigCommerce has a strong focus on SEO, offering tools and features aimed at improving your store’s visibility in search engine results. This can be advantageous for businesses seeking to drive organic traffic.
- Payment Gateways:- BigCommerce offers a broader range of payment gateway options, especially for international businesses. Shopify Plus, while providing popular gateways, may require custom integration for specific providers.
Ultimately, the choice between Shopify Plus and BigCommerce depends on your business’s unique requirements, budget, and long-term goals. Evaluating these key differences will help you make an informed decision that aligns with your eCommerce strategy.
Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce Pricing
Pricing is a critical factor when choosing an eCommerce platform, and both Shopify Plus and BigCommerce offer pricing structures that cater to different business needs. Let’s explore the pricing details for each forum to help you make an informed decision.
Shopify Plus Pricing:
- Monthly Fee:- Shopify Plus operates on a subscription-based model, with prices starting at around $2,000 per month. The exact cost varies depending on factors like sales volume, customization requirements, and additional features.
- Transaction Fees:- Shopify Plus typically charges transaction fees for using third-party payment gateways, ranging from 0.15% to 2.0% per transaction, depending on the plan and the payment gateway used.
- Additional Costs:- While the monthly fee covers the core platform, it’s essential to budget for potential additional costs, such as app subscriptions, theme purchases, and development expenses.
- Tiered Pricing:- BigCommerce offers a tiered pricing structure, providing flexibility for businesses of various sizes. Pricing starts at $29.95 per month for the Standard plan, with the top-tier Enterprise plan tailored for larger firms.
- No Transaction Fees:- Unlike Shopify Plus, BigCommerce does not charge transaction fees for using third-party payment gateways. This can result in cost savings, especially for businesses with high transaction volumes.
- Scalability:- BigCommerce’s pricing scales with your business growth, making it a more budget-friendly choice for small to mid-sized businesses looking to expand.
Shopify Plus Vs BigCommerce Cost Comparison
The cost difference between Shopify Plus and BigCommerce can be substantial, especially for businesses with lower sales volumes. While Shopify Plus offers a comprehensive set of features, companies need to consider the impact of transaction fees on their budget. BigCommerce, with its transparent pricing and no transaction fees, can be a more cost-effective option for some.
However, it’s essential to evaluate your specific business requirements, including customization needs, expected sales volumes, and the potential for future growth, to determine which platform offers the best value for your eCommerce investment.
Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce Plans
Choosing the right plan is a pivotal decision when considering Shopify Plus vs. BigCommerce. Both platforms offer various programs tailored to different business needs. Let’s examine the plans provided by each forum to help you determine which aligns best with your eCommerce goals.
Shopify Plus Plans
- Shopify Plus:- Shopify Plus, being an enterprise-level solution, does not have traditional tiered plans like Shopify’s regular offerings. Instead, it provides a customized pricing model tailored to each business’s specific needs. The monthly cost can range from approximately $2,000 to $2,500 or more, depending on factors like sales volume, customization, and additional features.
- Scalability:- Shopify Plus is designed to scale with your business. As your sales grow, your monthly costs will adjust accordingly. This scalability is advantageous for companies with fluctuating sales volumes.
- Enterprise-Grade Features:- Regardless of the specific plan, Shopify Plus provides access to a wide range of enterprise-grade features, including advanced reporting, robust security, and dedicated support.
- Customization:- Shopify Plus allows for extensive customization to meet your business’s unique requirements, making it a suitable choice for companies with specific design and functionality needs.
- Standard:- BigCommerce offers a Standard plan starting at $29.95 per month. This plan is ideal for small businesses looking to establish an online presence with essential eCommerce features.
- Plus:- The Plus plan, priced at $79.95 per month, caters to growing businesses with additional features like real-time carrier shipping quotes and customer segmentation.
- Pro:- BigCommerce’s Pro plan, priced at $299.95 per month, is designed for businesses seeking advanced features such as abandoned cart recovery and Google customer reviews.
- Enterprise:- For larger businesses requiring enterprise-level capabilities, BigCommerce offers custom Enterprise plans. These plans are tailored to specific needs and typically suit high-volume businesses with extensive customization requirements.
- Custom Pricing:- The Enterprise plans come with custom pricing based on your business’s unique demands, including sales volume, API calls, and support requirements.
Shopify Plus Vs BigCommerce: Choosing the Right Plan
When comparing Shopify Plus and BigCommerce plans, consider your current business size, expected growth, budget, and feature requirements. Shopify Plus offers a customized enterprise solution with scalability, while BigCommerce provides a range of pre-defined plans with transparent pricing. The choice ultimately hinges on your business’s unique needs and growth trajectory.