Are you looking to set up a thriving multi vendor marketplace like Amazon for your online business? Undoubtedly, setting up a multi vendor marketplace on Shopify is a great idea, but the cost may be your concern.
Shopify experts marketplace is the place where you can choose Shopify experts to enhance your online store market presence. These Shopify developers can be from third-party eCommerce service providers or freelancers. They offer services like:
- Shopify Muti-vendor
- Shopify Store Setup
- Shopify Migration
- Shopify SEO
- Shopify Theme Customization
It empowers many vendors to sell their products or service from one eCommerce platform. According to Statista, around 23% of eCommerce store owners have turned their online store into a multi vendor marketplace.
Shopify is the most preferred eCommerce platform for setting up a multi vendor marketplace. A multi vendor Shopify store provides buyers with a huge catalog to choose their desired product.
Shopify multi vendor marketplace is similar to the Shopping mall. When buyers enter the shopping mall, they get multiple vendor options for the same products. They are free to choose the seller. Similarly, in Shopify’s multi vendor marketplace, customers will have a wide range of options to buy the same product from different vendors.
It helps store owners boost their sales by providing them easy access to a huge number of ready-to-buy consumers. It allows store owners to grow their sales by providing them easy access to a huge number of ready-to-buy consumers.
That is why eCommerce multi vendor marketplace development is quite expensive. In This blog post, you will understand the following:
- Benefits of setting multi vendor marketplace on Shopify
- Cost to develop Shopify multi vendor marketplace
- What are the Features of multi vendor Marketplace?
It will help you to evaluate how much it costs to hire a Shopify expert to set up a multi vendor marketplace in 2024.
Benefits of setting multi vendor marketplace on Shopify
Shopify’s multi vendor marketplace business models have many advantages for clients, vendors as well as eCommerce platform owners.
- Shopify multi vendor marketplace eliminates buyers’ hassle and makes the buying process simpler, quicker, and affordable.
- Entrepreneurs can allow multiple sellers to sell their products, sellers can add multiple products, and buyers can have multiple options for buying their desired product.
- It offers more options of products to buyers, which helps to enhance UI.
- It is not only about customers; Shopify’s multi vendor marketplace provides sellers easy access to a huge customer base.
- Shopify multi vendor marketplaces can be a great business opportunity for business owners.
- No-code software makes it easy to create Shopify multi vendor marketplace
- It will immensely accelerate the sales growth for both vendors and entrepreneurs.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Shopify Expert for a multi vendor Marketplace Setup?
The eCommerce market is flooded with multi vendor eCommerce development platforms. Shopify eCommerce platform is considered the most popular muti-vendor marketplace that helps startups and big ventures to accelerate their online business.
You can hire Shopify experts from the Shopify experts marketplace. The Shopify experts cost for a multi vendor marketplace depends on some of the significant factors mentioned below:
- Project requirements
- Business model
- Required tech stack
- UI/UX designs
There are two main types of requirements:
- Standard features available in an existing store
- Custom features you want to add to your online store
Your business requirements and uniqueness are the most critical factor affecting your Shopify multi vendor marketplace development cost.
Required Tech Stack:
Once you have decided on the features and functionalities for your Shopify multi vendor marketplace, the next step is to discover the tool requirements. It includes a significant part of the Shopify multi vendor marketplace development cost.
The cost of a Shopify multi vendor marketplace development significantly depends on the type of business model. For example, if you want to target B2B or B2C business models, then there are multiple options available at your doorstep. It affects the overall cost.
When it comes to UX/UI design, the cost can change accordingly. The unique UI/UX will add extra cost to multi vendor development.
Generally, the approx cost to hire a Shopify expert for Shopify multi vendor marketplace development in the USA is $50-$150 per hour, whereas, in non-US countries, it costs $20-$60 per hour.
Typically Shopify expert cost for a multi vendor marketplace in 2024 ranges between $10,000 to $80,000. It is impossible to find the exact cost of developing a Shopify multi vendor marketplace because, as discussed above, it depends on various factors like Shopify multi vendor theme, Shopify multi vendor plugin, development team size, etc.
What are the Features of multi vendor Marketplace?
Following are some significant features of the Shopify muti-vendor marketplace.
- Admin can fix international commissions for all the vendors & can also decide individual commissions for separate vendors.
- It allows the admin to add new vendors through a CSV file.
- You can allow or refuse vendors to add services/products.
- You can easily upgrade or cancel the plan.
- It allows you to set product-wise and category-wise commissions.
- Admin and vendor can both upload services or products using CSV files.
- It allows the admin to log in through the Backend, so there are no access rights issues.
- Its” Reminder Feature” provide information to the seller regarding order fulfillment.
- It allows multiple payment gateways, but it is a must for both to have Paypal Account or any other.
- Admin can authorize/refuse merchant to delete the product or service.
Shopify is booming in the eCommerce market nowadays. It is necessary to do something unique to stand out in this crowded market. Setting up a multi vendor marketplace in Shopify is the best solution for you to grow sales and stand out firmly from the market.
We hope this blog helps you to estimate how much it costs to hire a Shopify expert to develop a multi vendor marketplace on Shopify. It is highly recommended to hire Shopify experts from CartCoders to reach the brand identity with Shopify multi vendor marketplace.